Do you enjoy collaborating across internal studios and solving problems through design? Baskervill is a dynamic multidisciplinary firm committed to delivering innovative solutions. For more than 125 years, we have brought together diverse teams to create spaces that inspire and endure. We are seeking skilled Specifications Writers to add to our team and play a pivotal role in our projects. Ideal candidates are solution driven and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. Sound interesting? Let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with project teams to gather information and requirements for project specifications,
- Develop clear and detailed project specifications consistent with project goals, codes and industry standards,
- Maintain up to date knowledge of construction industry trends, and advancements in materials and technology,
- Respond to internal teams regarding field inquiries in the construction administration phase,
- Coordinate and publish specification documents, including documents prepared by consultants,
- Utilize online and internal specification resources,
- Coordinate schedules and deadlines with internal team and external consultants,
- Incorporate applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, regulations, statutory and documentation requirements for specifications,
- Develop in-house templates and training documents.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of professional experience,
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design required; licensed or on track to be licensed preferred,
- Certified Construction Specifier (CCS) or Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) preferred. If not presently certified, the CDT designation must be obtained within 3 years of date of hire,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam and Specpoint,
- Knowledge of AIA Masterspec, national building codes, AIA documents and CSI Manual of Practice,
- Working knowledge of LEED, WELL, sustainability requirements, construction techniques and building envelope,
- Experience working with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes preferred,
- Understanding of professional practices, potential liabilities in design and construction, and professional ethics.
What we offer:
- An existing Specifications team with a shared vision and inclusive culture,
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Paid parental leave,
- 401K match,
- Short- and long-term disability,
- Volunteerism opportunities and support,
- Flex/remote work,
- Paid personal time,
- Flex spending account,
- Signing bonus,
- Professional dues and license reimbursement,
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply using the application portal provided or email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com and reference #SPEC-23.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #SPEC-23 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.