Baskervill is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm with offices throughout the country and in Gdansk, Poland. Our Richmond office is currently looking for a detail-oriented Payroll Manager to join our growing firm. The Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Enters, maintains, processes and reviews payroll processing systems in Paylocity and Deltek Vantagepoint to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions/withholding,
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates, 401k deferrals, and benefits. Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions,
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices,
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements,
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge,
- Records and reviews federal, state, county and local payroll tax deposits,
- Reviews and approves for filing 401k deferrals and loan payments to Principal Financial Group; Maintains spreadsheet and manages annual testing,
- Assist and/or facilitate with annual filings and audits,
- Works with HR and accountants to research and establish payroll in other states, as required by hiring in those states,
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required,
- Three to five years of related experience required,
- Broad knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Strong communication and people skills,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software,
- Proficient with payroll, accounting, and benefits software,
- Paylocity/Deltek Vantagepoint experience preferred.
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Paid parental leave,
- 401K match,
- Short- and long-term disability,
- Volunteerism opportunities and support,
- Flex/hybrid work,
- Paid personal time,
- Flex spending account.
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 per year
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply using the application portal provided or email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #PY-L3
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #PY-L3 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.