Orlando, FL / Richmond, VA / Washington, DC / Charlotte, NC / Portland, ME / Cincinnati, OH / Atlanta, GA
Since its founding 125 years ago, Baskervill has been a wholly integrated architectural and engineering firm. Today, our MEP engineers work on a diverse array of projects – everything from complex laboratory buildings to LEED-certified hotels, state-of-the-art industrial production facilities, medical office suites, and much more. Our team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Mechanical Designer/Engineer to join us. Engineering at Baskervill isn’t a silo – we work collaboratively with our colleagues to solve client challenges with a true “form meets function” mentality. We’re looking for a sustainability-minded, solution-oriented teammate with a quick wit and a love of learning. Technical prowess is a must, and appreciation for architecture and interiors is critical. We’re a team, after all. Sound interesting? Let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Technical mechanical lead for assigned projects from schematic design through construction
- Perform or oversee al calculations require for design
- Coordinate with all disciplines
- Field work as required
- Design layout and collaboration with Revit models
- Edit specifications
- Assist with the training and education of design staff
- Some travel may be required
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two plus years of design experience (entry-level applicants open to Richmond office only)
- BS in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- EIT Required, PE or working towards PE preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Revit, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with heating and cooling load calculation software
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401K match
- Short- and long-term disability
- Volunteerism opportunities and support
- Flex/remote work
- Paid personal time
- Flex spending account
- Signing bonus
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply through the portal provided or email resume, portfolio sample and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Job# ME4-22.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #ME4-22 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Looking for Talent
Interested in joining our team but see no open positions? Reach out and send us your resume for general consideration by heading to our contact page.