Baskervill is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary design firm with offices throughout the country and in Gdansk, Poland. Our Richmond office is currently looking for an HR Generalist to assist with recruiting, employee relations, benefits, performance management and accommodations while working closely with other internal divisions such as accounting and IT. They will also be responsible for entering and maintaining the HRIS system, ensuring appropriate documentation standards and providing guidance for compliance with regulations, policies and procedures.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assist with recruitment process by sourcing, screening, developing job descriptions, and generating offer letters,
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations,
- Assist with benefit administration, including open enrollment, leave management, compliance with benefit laws and required notices; maintains accurate retirement records,
- Organize training & development initiatives, including Baskervill’s college recruiting and internship program,
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as FMLA/Parental leave, ADA, and compensation; resolve any issues that may arise,
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations,
- Serve as a backup to the HR team with tasks.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years progressive HR experience with a multi-state organization preferred,
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field,
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures,
- Working knowledge/experience with AAP’s and benefit administration,
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills,
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws,
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office,
- Payroll and Paylocity experience a plus,
- Aptitude in problem-solving,
- Additional HR training, SHRM-CP or PHR certification a plus but not required.
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Paid parental leave,
- 401K match,
- Short- and long-term disability,
- Volunteerism opportunities and support,
- Flexible work,
- Paid personal time,
- Flex spending account,
- Paid parking.
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply using the application portal provided or email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #HR-L3-4.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #HR-L3-4 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.