Baskervill has an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical Designer/Engineer to join our growing team. This position provides the opportunity for you to work on a variety of design projects from Healthcare to Hospitality. As a member of our team, you’ll collaborate with Architects and Interior Designers to facilitate the success of Baskervill as we deliver great designs to our clients. Sound interesting? Let’s talk.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design solutions for electrical systems for commercial, industrial, and retail projects that meet the firm’s standards and client’s expectations
- Plan, schedule, and conduct/coordinate electrical engineering work, including lighting, power, emergency, and fire alarm systems
- Assist with review for compliance with design intent, code compliance, accuracy, appropriate detailing and use of materials
- Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for projects
- Design and produce drawings based on calculations
- Coordinate projects with project team, clients, contractors, and outside consultant
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- EIT strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Basic knowledge of NEC, ASHRAE, IESNA, IEEC, building codes, and state and local requirements
- Proficiency in Revit preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Paid parental leave,
- 401K match,
- Short- and long-term disability,
- Volunteerism opportunities and support,
- Flex/remote work,
- Paid personal time,
- Flex spending account,
- Signing bonus,
- Professional dues and license reimbursement,
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply using the application portal provided or email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #EE3-4-23.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job#EE3-4-23 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218