Portland, ME or Richmond, VA
Are you a storyteller? A creative communicator with a love for content creation? Baskervill, a multi-disciplinary design firm with a growing global footprint, is looking for a talented wordsmith to join us as a Communications Coordinator. This role works directly with the firm’s Director of Strategy & Communications in executing the firm’s strategic communications objectives, telling the firm’s story, developing internal and external content, and collaborating with the Marketing team to build business. Exemplary writing skills are critical; understanding of, and experience with, building and maintaining content calendars and PR plans is a must. A love of design is a plus. Sound like you?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support and execute on the firm’s strategic communications objectives with a focus on connecting and engaging employees, and telling the unique stories of our people and our work
- Support the Director of Strategy & Communications to execute specific plans for firmwide initiatives and special projects
- Coordinate with the Marketing team, led by the Director of Marketing, in support of project pursuits, award submissions, and business development priorities
- Develop and maintain content strategy and calendar in alignment with business goals and objectives
- Research, write, edit and publish compelling and relevant content across a range of topics and formats, including technical articles and case studies, firmwide emails, internal newsletter, external newsletter, social media, and blog.
- Manage intranet and website content updates in partnership with Marketing team
- Analyze data from channels to identify engagement opportunities
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, or other relevant discipline
- 2-5 years of communications experience; A/E/C industry experience a plus
- An amazing writer and communicator with a passion for storytelling and a way with words that can flex communication styles for various audiences and purposes
- Adaptable and organized, able to self-manage and prioritize, balancing various projects simultaneously to meet deadlines and project needs
- Energetic and creative, with a desire to connect and engage with people across the firm
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign and Photoshop) and Office 365
- Knowledge of, and experience with, WordPress desired
- Experience with social media management, email marketing, and web analytics preferred
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance,
- Paid parental leave,
- 401K match,
- Short- and long-term disability,
- Volunteerism opportunities and support,
- Flex/remote work,
- Paid personal time,
- Flex spending account,
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply through the portal provided or email resume, portfolio/writing samples and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Job# CL2-22.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online, please mail to: Job #CL2-22 Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Looking for Talent
Interested in joining our team but see no open positions? Reach out and send us your resume for general consideration by heading to our contact page.