Looking to help design a better, more beautiful world? Our multi-disciplinary firm designs spaces that empower ideas and connect people, and we’re looking for talented teammates to join us. We have an opening for an experienced Architect or Project Designer to join our Workplace studio. This role provides diversity and variety in your day-to-day, so our ideal candidate can work independently and flexibly on multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail and a collaborative spirit. People and relationships are the heart of our business, and the very essence of who we are as a firm is rooted in our core values. We believe in teamwork, creative excellence, and asking, listening, and creating with our clients, not for them. Interested?
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Design and production work on teams for architecture and interior design projects
- Execute on the approved concept, reliably translating the design intent into Revit utilizing our firm standards
- Work closely with studio leaders and junior design staff to make sure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Serve as the client’s primary point of contact for smaller projects
- Be involved in all aspects of the design process, including internal and external team meetings, from concept through construction administration
- Communicate with internal and external project team members and consultants in a timely fashion, with professionalism and compassion
- Flex your creative muscles on distinctive solutions for a wide range of project types
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an NAAB-accredited institution
- 5+ years of professional architecture experience, ideally with experience in workplace projects
- Professional licensure or working towards licensure
- Proficiency in Revit
- Knowledge and aptitude in other design software platforms preferred, including but not limited to: SketchUp, Rhino, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, and Office 365
- An appreciation of our Ask. Listen. Create methodology
- An interest in growing in your role
- A desire to work collaboratively with team members in a constructive and engaged manner
- The willingness to occasionally travel, as there may be limited travel required
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- 401K match
- Short- and long-term disability
- Volunteerism opportunities and support
- Hybrid schedule with at least 3 days in-office per week
- Paid personal time
- Flex spending account
- Signing bonus
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills
Baskervill is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran, and drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
Please apply through the portal provided or email resume, portfolio sample, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference Job #WP3-23.
If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #WP3-23, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.