Marketing Assistant – Richmond, VA – MK-618
Are you a talented communicator with stellar writing skills and impeccable attention to detail? Do you love uncovering and telling stories about brands and the creativity and people behind them in a targeted, creative way?
We’re looking for you! Baskervill, an architecture and design firm headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with offices in Washington DC and Orlando, needs an entry-level marketing professional to join our bustling marketing department. Truth be told, we’re searching for a four-leaf clover, a professional and personable candidate who’s one part creative storyteller and one part strategic problem-solver. If you’re highly-motivated and love to hustle, read on.
Here’s a good idea of what you’ll be responsible for:
- You’ll develop, design, and produce proposals and presentation materials to help our firm win cool design projects. That’s why we need someone with strong research skills and the ability to craft a spot-on, targeted message.
- You’ll also work with the marketing team and many of our studio designers to produce strategic creative content across many platforms and audiences. We’d love someone who knows how to tell stories with purpose to both our external and internal audiences—someone who can share those stories across many platforms, including our website, social media properties, and email newsletter. You should be just as comfortable writing a clever subject line or media pitch as you are longer copy.
- We also need you to provide support and assistance to the marketing department’s many concurrent deadlines and time-sensitive projects. Every day is different for our team, and we never know what will pop up. We need someone with impeccable time-management skills and acute attention to detail as well as the ability to be flexible and roll with the punches, welcoming any on-the-fly questions and meetings that come your way. You’ve got to have a positive attitude and be ready to work with all types of people, sharing ideas on a day-to-day (and often hour-to-hour) basis.
- Most importantly, you should have a strong work ethic, a quick wit, and love laughter. A love of coffee, pop culture, and all things design are a plus!
- A four-year degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 0-2 years professional experience, architecture/design industry preferred but relevant agency or publishing experience also fine
- Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred, particularly a working knowledge of InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 and up
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus
Please email resume, cover letter with salary requirements, writing samples and/or portfolio to Job No. MK-618 at email@example.com. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond VA 23218.
Baskervill is an E/O/E/M/F/D/V and drug free environment.