Lead Interior Designer, Corporate – Richmond, VA – RI-CL5
Designing the spaces that people use every day, Baskervill’s award-winning corporate studio works with clients of all sizes and industries to create environments that spark joy and human connection. We’ve designed vibrant and nimble workspaces for startups and Fortune 500 companies alike, athletic facilities for nonprofits and universities, and chic restaurants and tasting rooms. We’re passionate about helping our clients illuminate bright ideas and new directions, because we know great design can happen for any client, in any place, at any time. If you, too, believe in the power of making our everyday spaces better, let’s talk.
We’re looking for a senior interior design manager to join our Richmond office, located in historic Shockoe Bottom. Truthfully, we’re searching for a four-leaf clover, a professional and personable candidate who’s one part lead designer and one part business-minded team leader.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has the curiosity and courage to try out new ideas. You’re tech savvy, and you like to stay in the know, keeping up-to-date on the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Is able to solve clients’ business needs with great design solutions, strategic planning and workplace strategy.
- Is passionate about helping clients translate their brands into a physical space, managing their expectations, budgets, and schedules along the way. (And you’re a pro when it comes to creatively and eloquently presenting design concepts and ideas to clients.)
- Can connect and communicate with a spectrum of personalities. You’re a people person who prefers collaborating alongside a team, sharing ideas on a day-to-day (and often, hour-to-hour) basis. You love working in an open environment, welcoming any on-the-fly questions and pop-up team meetings that come your way.
- Possesses the technical know-how and experience with codes, BOMA, bids, programming, and space planning. What’s more, you’re ready to pass that knowledge along to young designers.
- Has a knack for juggling many things at once, including people, projects, and deadlines.
- Has a fantastic sense of humor. You take your work seriously, but take yourself less so. And you’ve got a healthy appreciation for maintaining a work/life balance for yourself and your team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading new business research efforts and participating throughout all phases of the RFP process, including scope, schedule, and fee development; interviews, and contracting
- Coordinating with corporate principals and interior design director to assign and schedule projects, deliverables, concept developments, and progress presentations
- Acting as design lead on multiple projects
- Overseeing the progress of multiple projects by coordinating internal project teams, acting as the point-of-contact for in-house architects and engineers, clients, consultants, and vendors and making sure projects stay on budget and schedule
- Leading in-depth programming and space planning exercises with client teams
- Collaborating with the corporate interior design director to train and mentor a growing team of young designers, including planning and implementing internal training sessions
- Collaborating with studio leadership team on strategic planning, then follow-up with tactical execution
The following are requirements:
- 15 years of experience working with a wide range of client types in the corporate world
- Experienced in leading/supervising a diverse team of individuals
- CID certification
- NAAB accredited interior design degree
- The willingness to travel occasionally
- Familiarity with Revit and Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop preferred
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. If you are disabled or otherwise unable to apply online please mail to: Job #RI-CL5, Baskervill, PO Box 400, Richmond, VA 23218.